Clean Water for Primary School in Kenya
With Interactions & Solidarity
The objective was to improve access to clean water at Ol Doinyo Oibor Primary School in Kenya. To ensure a proper and sustainable access to safe drinking water and improve basic knowledge about personal hygiene and water management. We planned the construction of a borehole at 130m deep, in the Noomaiyanat area, Loitokitok district, from April to July 2013.
– 100% of the population now has access to safe drinking water.
– Waterborne diseases have spectacularly reduced by 40%.
– 95% of the school parents are participating in hygiene improvement sessions.
– The Noomaiyanat community is actively participating to ensure sustainability of this project with the support of the school management committee and with the government of Kenya through the Ministry of Education.
Budget: € 24,767.00
People helped: 3,000
Clean water provided in numbers:
– 20 litres/day/person * 2000 regular users among which are 900 children.
– 10 litres/day/person * 1000 people living further than 1km away
– Total of beneficiaries : 3000 people