Materials you’ll need
- A Globe or Map
- Blank Paper
- Felt-tip Markers, Crayons or Coloured Pencils
- Using a globe or world map, point out where your country, province or state appears and have the child touch it to recognize its shape.
- Then, print out a free colouring page of the area and have the child colour the location.
Suggested discussion topics
- How big the Earth is and how small our part of it is in proportion to the rest.
- How far apart we are from others (if you have loved ones in a faraway place, point that location out to emphasize distance or print a second colouring page to complete and make a gift to send their way).
- What types of nature are found in your location (wildlife, flowers, trees, bodies of water).
- What makes your surrounding area different from other locations.
- What the child’s favourite thing is about nature in your area.
- Why it’s important to care for things outside as we do for things inside, to protect our shared natural resources.