Materials you’ll need
- Shoe Box with Lid Removed
- Paper Bag
- Paper or Toy Representations of Chosen Migration Animal (find a good list to choose from here)
- Decorations that Can Be Used to Represent the Animal’s Journey
- Cut paper bag and glue it to cover outside of shoe box.
- Decorate the box to resemble nature and place different items along the way for your animal to rest along their journey.
- Add your animal in different areas to represent their travels.
Suggested discussion topics
- What types of animals migrate in addition to the one chosen for the shadow box.
- What types of flora, fauna and other animals they may encounter on their journey.
- Why it’s important to take care of Mother Earth to provide a safe haven for animals as they migrate.