Materials you’ll need
1 Tree-planting kit or
- Tree Seeds
- Cup or Small Pot
- Add soil to a cup or small pot.
- Add water to cover and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Add seeds and press into soil.
- Place in recommended setting (sunny window, etc.) and follow instructions about how often to water and care for it; when time, transfer to larger container to continue to grow.
- Admire your new tree for years to come!
Suggested discussion topics
- How trees help fight climate change.
- How trees create oxygen to make it easier to breathe.
- How trees offer shelter and homes for animals.
- Why it’s harmful to cut down healthy trees.
- How trees provide wood, which can be used to burn for heat/campfires or can be turned into paper.