At The White Feather Foundation, we recognise that certain aspects of social media and online interactions can be detrimental to one’s mental health.
Because we want everyone who visits our pages to feel welcome and included, we ask that all participants in the community respect our Code of Conduct, posted below. Failure to adhere to these principles may result in loss of access to our web properties and social media channels online.
We thank everyone for helping us to create a positive, safe space to exchange thoughts and ideas.
- Do Not Spam. While we appreciate the desire to share your personal website/business/material, this is not the place for it. This also applies to direct messages.
- Do Not Bully Others. While healthy discourse and conversation is encouraged; no name calling or personal attacks will be tolerated.
- Do Not Discriminate. Any negativity that is displayed toward another person based on their race; age; sexual identity or orientation; gender; or disability will be removed.
- Do Not Harass Others. Leaving threatening comments and/or sending hateful direct messages or emails to other community members, employees or volunteers is unacceptable.
- Do Not Spread Misinformation. The ramifications of believing false news can be dangerous. Please verify the credibility of information you possess is from a trusted source before sharing it in comments or replies.
- Think Before You Post. If you question whether or not something you are about to post could be harmful to others, don’t post it. Often times, even without malicious intent, words can hurt. A good rule to follow is to contemplate whether or not you would reply or respond to someone face-to-face with what you’re about to type. if the answer is no, don’t post that reply (or modify it to ensure it’s received positively).
- Practice The Golden Rule. Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Thank you for helping us to project peace, love and respect throughout our community.